Citrix and Virtualization Engineers
As a senior member of the Corporate IT Solutions team, you will be responsible for design and implementation of,projects, and production support activities. The position centers on Application Delivery, Desktop Engineering, and Citrix systems administration, Design, implementation and support. You will provide technical leadership and operational support to peers within the Engineering dept. Work will entail product evaluations/versions and upgrade implementations, project tasks for systems/network expansion, support, and monitoring systems. Lead system design and performance evaluation efforts. Will direct/lead projects within our team.
SUPPORT SYSTEMS – Systems administration responsibilities include Desktop and Server OS, Citrix, applications-related administration, perimeter device administration, virtualization technologies, systems monitoring/management. Develop and provide specifications for desktop hardware, OS, and software configurations.
LEAD PROJECTS – Lead project teams for Corporate IT Solutions initiatives. Collaborate with team members and company-wide Engineers to perform assigned tasks. Share ideas, projects, and best practices and help create a collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
MAINTAIN SECURITY – In accordance with company and divisional security directives, deploy, maintain, and enhance the security of server and desktop systems through administrative, preventive, detective, and reactive controls, such as change and configuration management, anti-virus measures, patch management, and system scans. Participate in BCP and/or Audit program initiatives as needed.
PROVIDE OPERATIONAL SUPPORT – Ensure ongoing operation of systems/applications through troubleshooting, scheduling/monitoring jobs and technology-related business processes, and third-level end-user support as needed.
PROVIDE TECHNICAL LEADERSHIP – Prepares proposals and technical project plans. Develop solutions to customer business requirements, technical problems and/or engineering of systems/applications. Collaborates with company-wide engineering and other forums to develop technical solutions and enhancements. Assists in developing the technical skills of less-experienced peers. Share ideas, projects, and best practices and help create a collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- 5+ years of progressive hands-on experience with Citrix technologies (e.g., XenApp6/ Presentation Server, Citrix Access Gateway, Advanced Access Controls, XenDesktop6) in an enterprise network environment, demonstrating extensive knowledge of Citrix-based application delivery principles and practices
- 5+ years of progressive hands-on experience with Windows 2000/2003/2008 Server in an enterprise network environment, demonstrating extensive knowledge of Microsoft-based system principles and practices
- 3 years experience with VMware ESX and related server and desktop virtualization (VDI) technologies is highly desirable
- Experience with current Dell server-class hardware and related equipment (e.g., SAN-attached storage) is required; Dell blade systems is highly desirable
- Microsoft and Citrix certifications (preferred)
- Experience in an medium-to-large enterprise AD environment; advanced GPO development and deployment
- Good understanding of network engineering and security principles (e.g., protocols, routing, switching, filtering, firewall rules, etc.)
- Excellent project and time management skills; proven ability to function as team leader for multiple activities
- Excellent analytical and problem resolution skills
- Excellent customer service skills, including end-user support experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as demonstrated by technical synopses, white papers, presentations, etc.
- Must thrive in a collaborative work environment with a passion for sharing knowledge and ideas with others
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent education/professional work experience