MSP Tier One Engineers
Under general supervision, provide technical hardware, software, and connectivity problem resolution to all client computers and users by diagnosing and walking users through step-by-step solutions in a call center environment; clearly communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner; provide one-on-one end-user training as needed; assist engineers and technicians; troubleshoot printer problems; work with next level support to resolve complex issues; conduct hardware and software maintenance and reporting as needed; and perform related work as required. In-State travel required as needed.
The Tier 1 Helpdesk Technician fields all Helpdesk calls from clients and creates the initial service ticket of the client’s request or problem; resolves all first level end-user problems over the phone; escalates all Tier 2 problems to the next level of support for guidance and direction; contacts third-party vendors for warranty service repair and dispatch; and dispatches appropriate resources for problems that cannot be resolved remotely.
Primary responsibilities are descriptive and not restrictive in nature.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves first level problems for end-users of the workstations, laptops, terminal services and Citrix sessions, end-user software and hardware, network and VPN connectivity, the Internet, server services, server drive space, validation of server error messages for escalation, and new computer technology in a call center environment; communicates solutions to end-users effectively.
- Provides one-on-one end-user problem resolution over the phone for client (PC) software and connectivity.
- Sets up, and assists in the configuration of end-user PC desktop hardware, software and peripherals, both onsite and remotely.
- Diagnoses and resolves end-user network or local printer problems, PC hardware problems and basic server, e-mail, Internet, VPN, and local-area network access problems.
- Coordinates timely repair of PC computer equipment covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements.
- Performs minor desktop hardware repair for PC computer equipment and peripherals that are not covered by third-party vendor maintenance agreements as needed.
- Acts as remote hands for engineering staff onsite as needed.
- Assists Network Technicians in creating materials for end-user frequently asked questions (FAQs) and procedural knowledgebase articles.
- Provides assistance to Tier 2 staff with problem research and documentation.
Deliver technical customer support over the phone in a call center environment; identify, troubleshoot and resolve a wide range of technical computer-related problems; make the distinction between first and second level end-user problems; identify, evaluate and solve end-user workstation problems; support and train end-users in a wide range of software applications as needed; read, understand and apply complex technical information; master new computer technology; maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
Desktop operating systems, various software applications and basic hardware for the workstations and laptops; principles and theories of network systems and management; Internet technologies and products; understanding of change control procedures; basic understanding of electrical safety procedure.
Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications as detailed below, or have an equivalent of documented experience. Equivalency decisions are made on the basis of a combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities.
MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) desired. Any Candidate that does not hold an MCP, but does hold equivalent experience can work toward compliance as part of a performance improvement plan agreement.
One year providing end-user phone support for current PC desktop and application software OR one year installing, upgrading, troubleshooting and repairing personal computers in a network environment.
Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer. Must be able to perform physical activities, such as, but not limited to, lifting heavy equipment (up to 50 lbs. unassisted), bending, standing, climbing or walking. Must have access to a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Corporate IT Solutions strives to nurture a one of a kind, team orientated approach to create a healthy, fun, energetic, and mature working environment. We encourage all of our employees to contribute to the overall success of the company while being rewarded personally and financially. Our unique approach to developing and delivering innovative solutions to our clients yield a client for life result.
A well-diversified, mature portfolio of services from Private Hosted Services, Professional Services and Managed Services offers an attractive roadmap to not only increase your personal knowledge, but allow for professional growth and development to help compliment your thirst for knowledge and career by tying all of the technologies together.
If you desire a great culture, enthusiastic team, a place to feel appreciated for your hard work please apply!
We offer very competitive pay/ bonus programs and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Coverage
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401k Retirement Plan with a Generous Company Match
- Vacation/Sick/Floating and Holiday Pay
- Reimbursed Mileage and Parking
- Bonus and Incentive Plans
- Overtime Availability
- Certification and Testing Reimbursement
- Cisco/Microsoft/CITRIX/VMware Certification Training
- Full Access to our Datacenter Lab for Training
- Company Outings and Team Building Events
- Free Lunch Fridays