Service Delivery Engineer
Corporate IT Solutions
This position offers you the opportunity to join a rapidly growing organization. We’re looking for people with initiative, autonomy, and leadership ability to optimize both process and delivery around our Managed Service offerings. The Service Delivery Engineer will report directly to the Manager of Professional Services.
In this role the candidate will be responsible for service onboarding, and off-boarding of Managed Service solutions/offerings. The SDE, who will work closely with the Service Delivery Project Manager (SDPM), is the lead technical role and is responsible for completing on-boarding and off-boarding tasks such as the configuration, implementation, and maintenance of various technologies, including but not limited to Virtualization, Storage Engineering and Server Management.
To be a good fit for this opportunity you will have experience/exposure to managed services and service delivery. The candidate for this role must be self-motivated, have inherent drive and work ethic, strong grasp of a wide variety of engineering competencies and technology solutions, as well as very strong interpersonal, documentation, and communication skills.
More About Your Role
This role encompasses a variety of activities, although you will invest the largest portion of your time in customer implementation projects, partnering with the SDPM to get the technical information necessary for onboarding (as well as to add their covered devices into monitoring), and working with the customer and the SDPM to identify their support requirements. Projects typically last about a month, and SDEs are expected to work on between 10-12 projects concurrently depending on scale and complexity.
Your activities also will include:
- The SDE will be responsible for the gathering of all information pertaining to configuration and maintenance of various technologies such as Virtualization, Storage Engineering and Server Management. The Engineer will assess and identify appropriate solutions to be integrated into the systems operation and make recommendations for implementation.
- Provides storage area network connectivity; maintains documentation including hardware/software applications, support logs and other related information.
- Assists in installing, configuring and maintaining system hardware and software; analyzes and troubleshoots the network logs and tracks the nature and resolution of problems; monitors usage to ensure security of data and access privileges.
- Establishes and maintains user accounts, profiles, file sharing, access privileges and security; performs daily server tape backups; researches, analyses, monitors, troubleshoots and resolves server or data network problems; develops, maintains and implements network support, and archiving procedures.
- Maintains excellent communication with the SDPM on all tasks and projects. Responsible for communicating with customers, peers, team and managers regarding incident and change management. Creates and maintains good technical documentation.
- Performing administration activities, including updating runbooks (collections of customer data that allow us to manage the customers environment), contact info, etc.
- Working with inside sales, account managers, professional services engineers in all regions, the internal service delivery team, NOC engineers, and customers.
- Working with the SDPM to develop processes as necessary.
- Contributing to development, continuous improvement, and other projects.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance reputation of your department and organization by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Professional communication skills, including the ability to draft clear, concise emails that are grammatically correct and free of spelling mistakes, and to convey complex technical information to non-technical users.
- A customer service orientation and the interpersonal skills to interact effectively in diverse situations, including those in which customers are unhappy.
- Implementation and support knowledge of Cisco and Dell routing/switching, Dell Storage Solutions, VMware, and Microsoft solutions.
- In depth knowledge of incident management software, such as ConnectWise.
- In depth Implementation and support knowledge of event management/remote monitoring and management software such as Kaseya and SolarWinds
- ITILv3 Foundation
- Advanced Microsoft Certification (MCSA or MCSE) (Preferred)
- VMware Certified Professional 4 or 5x (Datactr)
$60K – 90K per year
Full benefits, plus some very unique benefits not offered by most employers.