Solution Architect – Pre-Sales
Corporate IT Solutions is looking for Pre-sales professionals with an engineering background with a minimum of 7 years’ experience in the field consulting, designing and implementing virtual datacenter technology solutions.
The successful candidate will need an in-depth understanding of industry leading virtualization, networking, and storage products from both a design and engineering perspective. The candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of the virtualization and storage space including hypervisor, fault tolerance and high availability configurations, management and automation tools, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) and operational components of a successful datacenter including the back end storage data protection methodologies and networking infrastructures which support a virtual environment.
The five core responsibilities of this position encompass: pre-sales engineering support, in house training to the sales teams, client presentations on areas of expertise, creating and maintaining relationships with partners used for consultation and implementation as well as performing services where appropriate.
Essential Duties Include:
- Pre-Sales consultation to include travel and conference calls with Sales teams.
- Perform needs analysis, information gathering on client expectations and technical baselines for writing or technical review of Statements of work.
- Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the customer, third parties and the project teams by creating and delivering presentations and/or training.
- Ensure that proposals are technically sound, deliverable, competitive and representative of market leadership in the application of technology to addressing business issues.
- Ensures effective client engagement and stakeholder management during assignment (may include management of subcontractors and partners).
- Perform consultation, implementation, documentation and knowledge transfer for billable engagements.
- Provide technical reviews and reviews of both existing and potential manufacturers for their technical competency.
- Develop strong partnerships with existing service provider partnerships.
- Stay up to date on emerging technologies and products, including attaining certifications and participation in industry events as appropriate.
- Perform or oversee internal training of the Account Executives, Business Development Managers and Sales Development Managers.
- Work with the Professional Services organization to maintain both company and department goals.
- Bring new ideas and methodologies to improve the department.
Ideal candidates will have excellent communication, presentation and organizational skills and have the ability to write technically for pre-sales work and project documentation.
- VMware VCP certification highly recommended
- Cisco switching and fibre channel experience
- Dell Rack and Blade servers
- Dell EqualLogic and Compellent experience
- Significant background in core datacenter technologies to include networking, storage, server/blades, backup and recovery strategies – certifications a plus
- Ability to interface with sales, other support departments and service providers
- VMware (all product lines including vSphere, View, vApp, SRM), Veeam, and many other 3rd party virtualization platform vendors
- Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop
- CommVault or other backup products
- Servers and Blades from Dell
- EqualLogic and Compellent storage
- Cisco networking both IP and Fibre Channel