Business: MDAA is an independent state agency whose mission is to support the eleven elected Massachusetts District Attorneys and their combined staff of 1500 employees, including 700 prosecutors and 250 victim-witness advocates.
The District Attorneys prosecute approximately 300,000 cases annually. MDAA supports the District Attorneys by managing statewide business technology services and administering grants in the areas of Violence Against Women, Motor Vehicle Crimes, and Crimes Against Persons with Disabilities.
Challenge: To consolidate over 60 servers, reduce electricity, cooling and to save the state upwards of a million dollars over 5 years
Solution:Architected and installed a solution consisting of VMware Infrastructure, VMware Site Recovery Manager, DELL M1000 Blade System, EqualLogic SANs
- Complete Virtualization of MDAA’s core network
- Physical to Virtual migration of over 60 existing physical servers
- Complete Replication and Automated Disaster Recovery plan using VMware’s Site Recovery Manager Technology
- Weekly testing of Disaster Recovery Solution through VMware’s Site Recovery Manager
- Optimized system to eliminate performance bottlenecks
- Achieved full fault tolerance of systems
- Project completed on-time and on budget
- Dramatic savings on Cooling & Electricity to achieve Agencies “Green” initiative.