Medium Business 1
CI Medical specializes in medical device printing and produces permanent markings that are impervious to chemical, heat, gas, and other sterilization techniques. Medical device industry leaders such as Boston Scientific, Tyco Healthcare and Johnson and Johnson depend on CI Medical to achieve superior imprinting on virtually any medical device – regardless of size, substrate or surface irregularity.
CI Medical was seeking an IT strategy and action plan that would help the company leverage its IT investments as its growth continued to accelerate. Key challenges the company faced were integrating disparate departmental systems and ensuring ongoing compliance ISO requirements. Management was seeking an outsourced solution consistent with the company’s policy to hire experts for functions outside of the organization’s core competence.
Outsourced all aspects of IT strategy and management to a single firm
- Assessed existing equipment and interface to obtain an understanding of current capabilities, reviewed each department’s requirements, and developed a “game plan”
- Upgraded technology to obtain a fully functioned and integrated system including servers, workstations, internet interfaces, and implementation of a disaster recovery program.
- Optimized performance and utilization of existing equipment
- Added new hardware and software applications to improve efficiency and effectiveness
- Provide weekly maintenance to reduce the likelihood of service interruption
- Represent IT function on “quality team” charged with continuous improvement and ISO standards compliance
- Represent IT function and addressed “what if” questions at company strategy discussions.
- Gained a Real Time and Complete Disaster Recovery Program with continunous Replication.
- Reduced administrative and production personnel from 50 employees to 26 employees during a period where annual revenues increased by 10% to 25%.
- Improved employee morale by moving from higher than average turnover for the industry to virtually no turnover whatsoever
- Saved $5000 per employee in initial ISO training investment for each new hire avoided as a consequence of higher retention rates.
- Improved customer service by answering questions during the initial phone call that formerly took an average of a couple of days to research.
“Trying to find a reliable service provider in today’s marketplace is extremely challenging. Corporate IT Solutions has a passion for what they do and they wear it on their sleeve. Now, when we go home at night, we know that everything in our IT area is being taken care of from routine maintenance to disaster recovery to market competitiveness”