Heather G. Wells is an architectural interior design firm with offices in Boston and Chicago. Their projects include residences ranging from mid-size urban apartments to larger suburban estates in Illinois, Massachusetts, Florida, Arizona and New Hampshire.
Management determined that it needed to outsource the IT function to ensure the company continued to function smoothly as it grew. In addition to obtaining preventive maintenance, routine support, and help in emergencies, the company needed to link its Boston and Chicago offices so that everyone could share industry-specific software that was not very flexible.
Outsource the IT function
- Set up remote server at co-location facility and enabled offices to share applications
- Select and order all computers, software and supplies
- Manage all software subscription renewals to avoid gaps in service
- Facilitated on-line access to all client information enabling timely response to client queries
- Provided technical support, implemented on-line “trouble ticket” system, and eliminated unscheduled downtime
- Senior management team does not need to think about computers or software
- Increased clients confidence in the firm’s service capabilities and removed downward pressure on billing rates
Eliminated need for designers to troubleshoot technical issues resulting in increased in productivity